Thursday, April 8, 2010

Accepted

Yay! I just found out that I was accepted into the Women and the Law Clinic for next year. I'm quite thrilled, especially as this year they had so many applicants to clinic that they had to turn away 55 people (most years they are able to let everyone in to a clinic, but this year we are all terrified for our future job prospects and desperate for some real experience).

I'm very excited, and only slightly terrified of the reality of it all, especially after paying $120 for malpractice insurance. You guys, I get to go and do real lawyer stuff, for real people. I could completely screw up, ruin their lives and be sued for malpractice, just like a real lawyer! Or, you know, be amazing and use my lawyer powers for good. Either way, I'm still excited.

15 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you got into it! I know how nervewracking that can be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That is so awesome. Once I started working it completely changed my perspective on the law and actually reminded me why I went to law school in the first place.

    I can't wait to hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome - congratulations! I'd love to hear about your experiences (so long as you don't share privileged information or anything that could be illegal/get you in trouble).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Congratulations, that's so cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO fantastic!

    I've heard one of the major strengths of WCL is the clinic program!

    Woo-woo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah!! Law school is so competitive, especially in this economy, so extra special congrats to you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats....I'm happy for you! Here's to not having to use that malpractice insurance you bought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats!!! That's so cool. I'm hoping for option #2 and changing the world. =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! I hope everything for you and your husband falls in to place...

    ReplyDelete