Friday, April 2, 2010

Nursing tops and baby bags

No energy for a real post today. (Spent all my energy wandering around the Tidal basin, basking in the beauty of the cherry blossoms and trying to ignore the tourist hordes. More on that tomorrow.) But I do have enough left for wandering over the internet daydreaming about the fate of my student loan dollars.

I know that it's spring and long sleeves aren't exactly needed, but I kind of love this top. It's exactly the sort of thing I wear. Purple, simple and  comfy with just a little bit of an interesting neckline. And it's on sale. The catch? It's a nursing top. (Please don't ask why I was in Gap's maternity section. I don't really know why myself.) Is it too weird for someone who has no nursing baby, no baby growing inside who will be eventually nursing, and no practical existence of either scenario happening in the near future to buy a nursing top?

I asked Zach if it would be weird. He asked what the difference was between a normal top and a nursing top. I told him that nursing tops provide easier access to the breasts. He stopped being helpfull after that.


Oh, and I also love this diaper bag in Cupcakes green that I found at Vera Bradley. For use as a purse, of course. I spill things in my purse all the time, so a easy wipe interior would be usefull, not to mention the utility of all the extra pockets. But I think an actual diaper bag might be pushing it.

8 comments:

  1. The top is pretty - and functional for newlyweds! (Sorry, my husband's sense of humor has rubbed off on me a bit too much.)

    As for the diaper bag, well, so long as you don't end up in some sort of phantom baby scenario, then go for it! Bottom line: no one needs to know. (Except everyone who reads your blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baby stuff = slippery slope to wanting a kid! (I joke, I swear!)

    A girl I worked with bought a wrap maternity shirt, but because it's adjustable you can't tell by looking at it that it's a maternity shirt. So if it doesn't look like it, why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally look at maternity stuff online sometimes, and every time I find something cute I want, and I end up complaining to my husband, "why is this MATERNITY? Where are all the cute clothes?" Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clothes are clothes. Nothing wrong with wearing a cute top just because they happen to put it in the maternity section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I told him that nursing tops provide easier access to the breasts. He stopped being helpfull after that"

    THAT. was hilarious.

    ReplyDelete