Saturday, April 24, 2010

Shopping Bug

I don't know if it is the changing of the seasons, procrastinating for finals, or a general lack of willpower, but for whatever reason I have had such a huge shopping bug lately. A huge shopping bug that I've been letting win more often than not, and am now desperately trying to restrain to just window shopping and providing me with blog fodder. 



Bicycle Built for Two by BC Footwear $24.99 at Endless were the first shoes that came home in a fit of weakness. I've never been a big fan of ballet flats. I like support and shoes that don't flop off of my feet. But these have such a lovely satin sheen and oh that ruffle! Combine that with being about half off, and it was almost too good to be true. For ballet flats they're actually fairly comfortable. Not the ideal amount of arch support, but all in all not bad. Plus, they received several compliments on their first outing, so, they're probably here to stay.


ECCO Bouillon $75.92 at Endless. Have you even stalked shoes? I came across these about a month ago when they were listed for about $120. And then when I came across them again for almost $50 less... well I let myself be lulled in with the rationalization that I can ship them back for free. I sweat, that if they are not absolute perfection, I'm sending them back. But with the shiny red leather, cute little button and promises of comfort, these might just become my birthday gift to me (my Birthday isn't until the end of June, but still...)


BP 3/4 sleeve cardigan 24.90 at Nordstrom. Cardigans are part of my uniform, especially in the spring. This little cardigan is perfection. Bright colors, good price, light weight without being chintzy. Order a size up, as they are technically juniors. But they are oh so worth it for spring layering that my vanity didn't care a whit about the bigger size.

Maxi Dress $24.99 at Kmart. Kmart isn't my usual haunt, so I was surprised when this little number showed up during my internet browsing/procrastinating. But maxi dresses look so comfy and fun on others, and I'm a sucker for anything purple, so I might be giving this number a try. Especially as it actually seems to offer some decent cleavage coverage.

Söfft 'Carma' Mary Jane Pump $69.90 at Nordstrom. More than I can justify, even in my weakened state. But if the red shoes go back, these might make an appearance. I love the button and the slightly vintage feel. Can't you just picture it with a sweet little dress and tights? Plus they actually look fairly comfy.

6 comments:

  1. I develope an Etsy/Ebay obsession during the finals countdown.

    I purchased two new pairs of shoes just last week.

    Come to think of it, I'm surprised more store don't capitalize on this in college towns. Huge finals sales would most certainly lure me away from my studies...as would pretty much anything that is more interesting than studying civil procedure. AKA ANYTHING!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curses! I bought that orange 3/4 sleeve Nordstrom cardigan, and I LOVE it, but I didn't think of going to the juniors section. Mine was $10 more and I'm fairly certain it's the exact same thing. Grrrrr.

    Oh well, when I go back for another color, at least I know where to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely LOVE those red shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I had my eye on those BP shoes a few months ago, in the turquoise/teal colour. I thought they were so cute! I just bought a few cardigans a few weeks ago - they really are perfect for spring. And I have a weakness for purple - and green; especially green - too. I kind of feel like we're the same person right now, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep... I just bought another cardigan during a study break.

    I've got 5 more pages of a 20pg. paper to go.

    Hope the budget can handle it!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete