Monday, April 19, 2010

So, I just finished giving a presentation where I was supposedly defending my policy proposal paper. The only problem being, I never really knew what the policy I was proposing was. I started the assignment with a fuzzy idea, and just assumed that as I went on doing the research I would eventually figure out something coherent. I never really did. Trying to persuade people to support an idea that doesn't exactly exist is a little awkward. Still, I managed to use my powers of vague platitudes, important sounding words and general misdirection at least somewhat effectively. A few people complimented me afterward, which either means I did well or that they're just nice. I figure one way I regain my confidence in myself and the other affirms me faith in humanity, so either way, it's a win.

5 comments:

  1. This mystery policy proposal presentation is exactly what I picture when I think of law school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of a favorite saying of my uncle's: 'If you can't bedazzle them with brilliance, befuddle them with bullsh*t.' Either way, great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate doing oral reports. I'm glad you did well! I'm sure they weren't just being nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stressful! Glad it went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like how I feel after giving a talk in church.

    ReplyDelete