Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our friendly poltergeist

Sometimes when I come home and head over to the elevator (yes, the stairs would be healthier, but I'm on the 6th floor and when I get home I'm tired) the elevator just spontaneously opens for me, without me pressing any buttons or doing anything except stand there. No one is getting off. No one else is around to push anything. I can't think of any logical reason why the doors would just open for me.

My best guess is some sort of a ghost/poltergeist scenario. I'm actually fairly thrilled. It seems friendly and helpful, and it gives the otherwise drab building a splash of character. I think I'll name it Dennis.

7 comments:

  1. I can't think of anything clever. But maybe you should start talking to it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bizarre. I was once stuck in a broken elevator for 4 hours so I'm not super fond of elevators. Poltergeists sound interesting then. Say hello to Dennis for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can we be friends? I just got to the bit in Angel where phantom Dennis is moping because they are moving Cordy's stuff out of her apartment because she has disappeared. Dennis is an excellent name for a resident spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoebox does like you! It says 'Genevee, you're tired. Let me get the elevator door for you.' I wish my house did that. Or not, that might be creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genevee=Genavee

    I need a nap too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Dennis is trying to make up for the occasional lack of electricity and hot water.

    ReplyDelete