Sunday, May 9, 2010

Part of One Another

I read somewhere once that even after a baby is born, the Mother  has some of the fetal blood forever mixed with her own, and the child likewise always has part of the mother in them. No matter what happens afterward, they are always a part of each other.

My Mom and I have all that genetic stuff tying us together. We also have years of life and memories, some bitter, some sweet, but all of which have linked us together in a way that I don't always understand, but I can feel and know is real nonetheless.

My mother and I are not kindred spirits. We don't naturally mesh. Sometimes I feel like we are just now starting to really get to know and appreciate who the other person truly is.

But we are a part of one another. And I'm grateful for that.

2 comments:

  1. Mother/daughter relationships are tricky. I haven't seen my mom in five years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute picture of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete