Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Unexpected Sounds

I almost always keep my phone on silent. Officially, this is just because I usually have it with me during class, and neither diving frantically into my bag trying to shut it off nor trying to pretend that my phone isn't the one belting out Queen Songs really appeals to me. However, this weekend I was expecting a call, so I switched the sound back on. The first time it blared its ridiculously loud power cords, I jumped about a foot in the air, limbs flailing in creative contortions that would be a hit at any modern dance festival. My heart was still racing for the first few minutes of the call. Thus reminding me the real reason why I tend to keep it on silent - loud, unexpected noises scare the living daylights out of me.

This is also why I hate people who have embedded music players on their websites, my nerves do not appreciate being assaulted with unexpected, obnoxiously loud Taylor Swift. Those things aren't just annoying, for me they're a bit of a safety hazard.

2 comments:

  1. I HATE MUSIC THAT PLAYS AUTOMATICALLY ON BLOGS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't really notice blogs with music....but really only because I keep my computer speakers turned off. Best decision I've ever made.

    ReplyDelete