Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Rock

I'm still on vacation, well,  at least from school stuff. But, I'm starting to get excited/nervous about next week, when I start my summer job.

As previously mentioned, next year I'll be taking part in the Women and the Law Clinic. Well, what I didn't mention is that over the summer they hire a few of the students from the upcoming school year work over the summer, as cases and clients don't just disappear because the semester is over. And it gets paid, like with real money and everything. Real money and experience? Yes please. I've been reading transfer memos, and am starting to get a little nervous by the reality of it all, but overall, I'm mostly excited.

And, so long as I'm sharing good news, I think I neglected to mention this little tidbit. About two months ago I applied to the WeLEAD program, and a few weeks ago I got my acceptance letter. WeLEAD is a program designed to help encourage and support young women to get involved in politics, especially in elective office. There's some great seminars and meetings with women in Congress and other aspects of public service as well as some practical training. Finally doing something vaguely political while in DC sounds oh so good. Besides, much as I'm starting to love some of the potential of love, in my heart I'm still very much a political wonk, and it will be great to get to do a bit of that.

So overall, yay me.

But all this is latter. For now I'm hanging out in Oklahoma at my in-laws. Mostly just sleeping, chatting, eating ice cream and avoiding the outdoors.

4 comments: