Sunday, August 8, 2010

Yellow

If you look at my closet, the whole thing is pretty much just different shades of purple, pink, blue and a little green. Well and some neutrals, but they don't really count. It's nice that I generally know what colors work for me, but it can get a little boring.

However, even though I rarely wander from my fashion comfort zone, this shirt, from J Crew caught my eye. I was longing for something a little different, and being on sale I decided to take a chance. It's just your generic tissue tee with a cute establishment, but the color was a revelation to me. I may not be able to pull off bright, sunshiney yellow. But mustard yellow? I can rock that. I've been mixing and matching this shirt like crazy, and it gives just the right pop to most of my other wardrobe staples.


I've never been the best at moderation, so now I've been on the lookout for some more mustard yellow lovelies to keep things bright as we head into Fall.

First up are these great flats from Target. I love how much punch colored flats can give to an outfit.
Merona Meaghan Mustard Flats. $19.99
Speaking of colorful punches, I also think this purse, especially with it's sun ray like pleats, would look great with a darker fall outfit .


Oh, and this may firmly be in my comfort zone of purple, but I'm still sharing this awesome cloche. Hey, just because I'm trying new things doesn't mean I'm going to give up on what works.

Mossimo Cloche. $14.99

4 comments:

  1. I love mustard yellow. And eggplant purple. That cloche is adorable - and it would be super cute with that purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wear yellow of any shade. I look sick in it. But I do adore that purple hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love yellow! I think it would look great with your brown hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shirt...and the shoes...and well...you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete