Monday, August 23, 2010

Facebook hates babies

Apparently everyone I know was busy having kids this summer. Which means I've been wasting time lately looking at baby pictures on facebook and trying to discern the tiny ways babies look different (hint, there aren't that many - it's pretty much just ears and whether they're more red or yellow).

I would just like to mention that every single time I flip though a baby album, the sidebar ad on facebook is for condoms. Every single time. Not just that, but I only see those ads when I'm looking at baby pictures.

I'm not sure if that's a rather mean spirited commentary on the babies, or some kind of creepy psychic warning for me. Either way, it's starting to weird me out.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love the scary facebook ads (and google! They read your content/subjects of emails and tailor your ads to you. I get them for trips to Costa Rica and diamonds all the time).

    I think there's something in the water because everyone I know is having babies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Facebook keeps telling me to convert to Judaism. It's so strange!!!

    -Oh and we are going to Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! I love Facebook's ads. They're so strange. And stalker-ish. They've been telling me about engagement rings ever since I changed my relationship status to "in a relationship" months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those ads drive me nuts! I swear, IMMEDIATELY after changing my relationship status to "married," they started putting babies all over the place. I kind of think maybe you shouldn't have a relationship status on there at all because of the ads. I usually mark them as offensive (um, just because I'm married doesn't mean I want to immediately procreate), and now, almost a year later, they've mostly gone away.

    Condom ads next to baby photos are kind of funny, though. But only for like, half a second.

    ReplyDelete