Monday, August 2, 2010

Dreams do come true (just usually not the good ones)

You know that oh so cliche nightmare where your standing in front of your class, look down, and realize you forgot your pants, and everyone points and laughs? And then you nervously double check to make sure you put pants on, even though you can feel them, for the next month before going anywhere? I thought I came as close as I was going to get to that feeling the one time I tried to wear leggings as pants. I was wrong.

This morning I almost walked out of my apartment without my bra. Which is way worse than any pants less action for me. I don't quite get how I made such a blunder. I've been firmly attached to my bra ever since that day in 8th grade gym when I forgot one the day we had to run the mile. That kind of pain puts an end to any and all dreams of bra-less escapades. Still, there I was, shirt, jeans, shoes and a smile, all the essentials in place. I just, uh, somehow missed the whole bra thing in my getting ready haze.

Fortunately a few steps were enough to alert even a tired me that some essential support is lacking. Still, this was just one step too close to nightmare territory. I did not want to spend a day trying to discretely hold everything in whenever I had to move and dreading the inevitable air conditioning effects.

Not only am I going to actually be grateful for the normally annoying pinching and strap slippage that let me know what's lurking under my clothes for the next while, but if I can almost forget that, I'm slightly concerned that the next obvious essential I'm going to forget is. There's still time for the pants-less nightmare to come true.

3 comments:

  1. You are hilarious. :-) Glad you didn't get too far until your realized what was missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man....I've almost done the same thing! Luckily you noticed before you left the shoebox.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to exchange links with your site genavee.blogspot.com
    Is this possible?

    ReplyDelete