Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Almost Done (again)

I'm almost done! Of course, I felt like I was almost done when classes were over. And after I finished my last formal final. And yet again when I turned in my last paper. And I still have a hearing and plenty of other clinic goodies/stress. But I'd still rather think of myself as almost done. Huzzah.

And that's a pure huzzah, without a trace of nostalgia or sadness over the end of an era.

I am not going to miss law school one bit. DC, yes. People I met in law school, yes. The actual law school stuff? Not so much. Maybe I'm just old and cranky, or maybe law school just wasn't a good choice for me, but I am so over compulsorily learning for the sake of learning.  From now on if I'm going to study something, I want it to either be because I'm genuinely interested and excited, or because it has some sort of direct, practical application (preferably a cash-earning practical application, because apparently that free money that paid my tuition and rent for the past 3 years wasn't as free as it felt). Reading a long article on a subject I don't care about for a class I'm only in because it fit in my schedule and seemed marginally better than other options, but will probably never use for legal practice or the bar or even trivia games, oh please never again. Yes, I haven't forgotten about bar prep, but that falls under practical money making exception. Because in theory, that will help get me a job.

Oh, and speaking of bar prep, have I complained yet about how no one does bar prep for Oklahoma, because Oklahoma is a wasteland where no one takes the bar? Because it is, and no one does. Well, except barbri. But I really don't want to pay 3k for a fancy bar prep course where I wouldn't even be able to attend the in person classes due to transport issues. So I'm sort of hoping I can locate used materials or cobble something together. On the plus side, something like 90% of people pass to OK bar, at least since 2002 when a huge percentage failed, and since then I think they've overcompensated. So I'm not as worried as I probably should be. Besides, that's future me's problem. And present me should probably go be worried about hearing prep now anyways. Or finally write that why Oklahoma gives me sad, nervous face post I keep talking about. Definitely one of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment