Thursday, July 29, 2010

Eating Right (whatever that might mean)

I have a very picky body. I assume it's just part of the epilepsy thing, but whenever I seem to eat less that stellar my body full on freaks out and holds me hostage until it gets what I want. Almost every time almost immediately after I get a good, healthy meal, everything immediately perks up and gets me back on my suddenly much steadier feet.

Today was definitely a crappy feeling day. So all throughout the day I tried very hard to eat whatever nutritious food I could think of in the hopes of snapping out of it.  I lunched on a big salad. Snacked on low fat Greek yogurt. Ate a dinner of left over rotisserie chicken, followed by the very sensible dessert of all the still edible fruit, including slightly squishy blueberries, I could find. All sorts of very good healthy things. And continued to feel like crap.

Until finally I gave up, and took a spoon to a pint of Ben and Jerry's. Five minutes latter, for the first time today I felt almost normal.

Hey, you can't argue with results.

1 comment:

  1. Good ol' Ben and Jerry....two of my favorite fellas. They always seem to pull through when you need them. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete